- I completely missed my two year blogoversary back on April 26th. Whoops! I was planning on doing a giveaway and everything to celebrate! Seeing as how I never managed to keep a diary for longer than two months (who am I kidding, two weeks), I'm very proud of myself for sticking this out for so long. Some days the posts come easy, some days they don't come at all, but I feel so grateful to have all of life's little happenings documented in this way.
- For those of you playing along, June marks eight months of living birth control free. While we're not disappointed to not be pregnant yet, it does raise concerns as to what exactly is wrong with me. (Like, why I've only had a visit from Aunt Flo once in all that time). We plan on taking further action in September (read: see a fertility specialist) if things don't happen naturally. And yes, if you remember, I was diagnosed with PCOS and prescribed Provera and Clomid back in February, but I want to have bloodwork and testing done before I believe/take anything.
- In brighter news, we found an incredible new sushi restaurant to call our own and best of all, it's just down the road from us. The sushi is insanely delicious and inventive and fresh and, oh my goodness, I could just go on and on. One of our favorite rolls was a Spicy Honey Eel roll which we couldn't get enough of. And I usually don't even eat eel rolls!
- I haven't had a good night's sleep since Monday. We've had a lot of severe thunderstorms this week and I just so happen to be mama to a little dog who HATES thunderstorms. Did anyone ever learn that Halloween song "My Old Black Cat" in elementary school? I loved that song! "My old black cat hates Halloween. He shakes and quakes and cries." Substitute dog for cat and thunderstorms for Halloween and that is Lola. And the only place she feels secure is sitting on the pillow right by your head. Like I said, I haven't had a good night's sleep since Monday.
- I am champing at the bit to start house hunting. I'm so afraid that we're going to miss out on these record low interest rates, but for now we can only sit back and wait while we pay back the money we borrowed from our 401(k) and other loans to make up for the difference in the sale of our condo. I keep finding dream houses and get so disappointed knowing that they won't be around when we're ready to buy. Patience has never been my strong point, but there's not a thing I can do about it until we're financially sound. Unless, of course, I become a high paid call girl and then maybe I could make the money back in a few weeks! I kid, I kid. Jon doesn't like to share. :)
Last year, I finally returned to blogging after our European adventure. I can't believe it's been a whole year!